So… lets talk. It’s been a while, huh? What can I say? I’m a really bad blogger.
First let’s recap on those Resolutions and see how I’m doing:
- Lose 20 lbs before I start school in the fall: Well, a month ago I joined Weight Watchers and three weeks ago I started going back to the gym and began running on the Couch to 5K Program. I have lost almost 5 lbs and really enjoy the running, but have to take it easy for a little while cause I got shin splints.
- Strict yarn diet: Well, I was doing really really good. Then I went to a yarn shop today and picked up some Pretty with a capital P. And I’m in a sock club, but I don’t really think that counts, cause it’s a club. And just so you know, I did some major de-stashing including tossing the cheap stuff and gifted some handspun and indy yarn.
- Finish all WIPs and UFOs: HA! So, I have finished one pair of socks since then, but really the baby blanket is kind of taking over my life. Not to mention I frogged it and started over because I had originally cheated on the intarsia and halfway through it I decided I hated it.
- Flirt a little every day: HA! I wouldn’t really call it flirting, but I have improved my outlook and mood a lot!
- Socialize more often: I’ll have you know I met with Ashley and her Boy last Saturday, I am hanging out with Rachel tomorrow and I’m going to a party next Thursday.
- Save money: Um…. I plead the fifth.
- Go outside more: But… but… but, it’s so cold out there.
- Drink more water and cut out soda: Finally one I can say I’ve made a huge dent in. Granted it goes with WW cause I have to drink 6 glasses of H2O a day, but I don’t drink a lot, so after thats all done, I don’t really drink much else.
- Stop pining over your exes and maybes: Ok, well, I’ve stopped pining, but when I’m bored my mind wanders into some pretty odd areas. Like the guy I had a crush on when I worked at Cracker Barrel. I went to one CB party over the summer between freshman and sophomore year and managed to tell him that I had had a big crush on him since we started working there. Mind you, I was dating Derek at the time and I had had a couple of drinks, but he was very chivalrous and told me while yes, he felt the same way, I was in a happy relationship and shouldn’t do anything to jeopardize it. The other day at work I remembered every word of this conversation and analyzed it to death. Why? I don’t know. I don’t think I’ve thought of Mike in months. So, I’ve made a big effort, but I can’t help where my mind wanders sometimes. Oh, and I’m not pining over my current Maybes, i just think of them as my fun crushes, something nice to look at. I have three: Niels, the guy who fixes Hercules, Tony, one of the members at the credit union, and the guy at the gym who I always give my best Flirty Eyes.
- Limit my computer usage to……: HA!
I think that really does it for updating. I’m off to listen to Harry Potter 7 and knitting a baby blanket (of doom 2).